Thursday, December 8, 2011

Journal Entry

The deer that Beshkno had for dinner.
     Dear journal,
              Long ago when I was walking to our camp site after taking a walk in the woods, my stomach was aching. Then suddenly I saw a big deer. I was so hungry; I had not eaten in days. I wanted to eat so badly, so I ran home and told my father that there was a big deer that we could have for dinner. My father said, "get your bow and arrow, we are going to eat tonight and for a lot more nights." Off we went to shoot the deer. It was a hard deer to shoot. First my dad shot and hit him in the foot. Then I shot and hit the deer in the stomach and down the deer went. Finally, we had food for dinner. “I love you Beshkno” my father said to me. "I love you too dad."
      That night we had a big plate of deer, squash, corn, wild rice, berries, and fish that we shared with all of the other starving people in our village. I was stuffed with all of the delicous food that we feasted on that night. It felt so good to finally be able to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment